Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cousins

Rilynn, Paxton, Ethan, and Evan... Little Evan is not shown. A few weeks a go we watched my niece and nephews so Jeff and Bree could go out for her birthday. The kids had so much fun in our back yard. Our house backs up to church property and there are empty lots around us, therefore we have gophers. I had never seen one of these ugly creatures before living here, but they are pretty nasty looking. They look like a huge rat with long sharp teeth for any one who has never seen one. This doesn't really show it that well but you can see its sharp teeth good. Eww. Evan took the kids through our gate onto the church field and set our gopher trap in one of the holes. The whole time they were here they would go back and check on it. They were really trying to catch the "KING GOPHER." I didn't get any pictures of this but I thought it was really cute how excited they were. While they waited and waited Evan started a fire in our fire pit he put in a month or so ago. Our garden was done so the kids decided to throw the squash and cucumbers in the fire, until we realized the weren't burning. Then it was just wood going in the fire pit. ( to burn those veggies ) Rilynn and Ethan love to play in the dirt if you can't tell... They would stay there all day I think. You will have to zoom in on these pictures and look at Ethan. I thought it was so cute how he would take his gun every where with him and would not let it leave his sight. We had so much fun watching these guys and Ethan loves playing with his cousins. Happy late birthday Bree!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew! I hate gophers! We have some in our yard, too. Love the fire pit!

Dustin Banks said...

Hi Jenae - It's Dustin Banks from a long time ago! You have a very cute family and it looks like all is going well. My family is trying to set this whole blog thing up but in the interim my e-mail is dustin.banks@hci.utah.edu I'd love to say hi!

Anonymous said...

I have loved checking your blog! Congrats on number two! Yeah, we were in SLC on Sunday! Did your parents' ward get split into the other wards? If that's your old ward then our parents are now in the same ward! Too bad we had to leave right after sacrament!

Bree said...

Cute kids in those pics-and I am definatly not bias! Ew on the gophers though! Thanks again for baby sitting. You're the best

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Fun! Love the picture of Ethan with his gun. Is that real? Obviously not REAL, but a bb-gun or something? I can't wait to see your house! I love the fire-pit and those huge rocks. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Gophers don't sound fun...but the kids are cute! I love cousins! I Love that you have so much empty space arond you!