Thursday, December 11, 2008

"O Christmas Tree"

This Year Evan had some extra vacation time he needed to use. He decided to take off a few days this week to spend some time with Ethan and myself. Yesterday we decided to go and get our Christmas Tree. This is one of my favorite things to do. It reminds me of growing up and spending time together with family, especially my dad. We didn't go into the mountains or chop our own tree down, we drove to the local Costco and bought the first tree we saw. I actually would recommend it. Our tree is so pretty and smells fantastic. It is 8 1/2 feet is great for the price. Plus Ethan and I are sick with colds and this was so convenient and easy since I didn't really feel up to doing very much. Anyway, these are some pictures I was able to take in the process of decorating the tree and setting up the traditional train set. I think , no I KNOW this is Evans favorite part of getting tree. He loves his train set and is so cute to build tunnels and bridges with Ethan.
Ethan thought it was really funny to stand by the tree so I could take his picture. He would giggle and then run over to me to see how his picture turned out. Then he would run back to do it all over again.
Ethan's other favorite thing was to go through all the ornaments. He loved the nativity set that grandma waters made for our family. There are donkeys and camels which he called horses. This kid makes me smile every day all day.
I hope you are all having a good week. Hopefully ours will get better with our colds. I love this time of year and just want to be able to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Fun! Your tree looks beautiful! Brooklyn has taken all the bottome half of the ornaments off the tree and I have given up putting them back on every night. Oh well! I hope you guys feel better! I'm just excited to not be pregnant with "morning" sickness this year! yEA!!I can actually enjoy the yummy food! :) Love ya!