Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Hogle Zoo and More

Evan decided this year to run the Sawtooth Mountain Relay. I think he is crazy, but he wanted to do it. He did really well and didn't even train. He messed up his knee a little but other than that he had a good time. I am proud of him for even wanting to attempt something like that. It is not my idea of fun.
I took the kids to Salt Lake where we Surprised my niece Laurel for her B-Day, Went to the movie Up, Went to the Hoggle Zoo, went swimming, and had a B-day Party for my Dad.
The Zoo was a blast! Ethan was so into it... well He really liked it but from the pictures you would never guess. He was Mr. Serious the whole time. He asks me every night about the animals and asks to go back to the Zoo. He really enjoyed it. Aleah did AWESOME! She slept the whole day. I couldn't believe it. To end our zoo outing we had yummy cotton candy and kettle corn(my fav).

Ethan's favorite animal of the day was the Zebras.

He is not quit as big as a gorilla as you can see.

I forgot to mention that he loved the merry-go-round and the train. How could he not love those .

Happy 71st Bday Dad!

whenever I go to SLC I love to stop at two places. First is chick-fil-a. That one didn't happen this time. The second is Leatherby's! I dream often about this place. It is the best homemade ice cream in the world. I had there Tracey's Peanut Butter Cup and Ethan had Cookies and Cream. Is any one else's mouth watering. Yumm-o!

8 comments:

Cool Waters said...

That means you were in Utah! Too bad Provo is an hour away from SLC. But I've been to the Hogle Zoo, it's a fun place.

MathisFam said...

We make a leatherby's trip every time we go to! Which may be a bad thing because we make it up quite a bit.

sharon said...

Okay, Janae you could be in our family--I LOVE Hoogle Zoo!! It holds so many memories--I love the picutre of Ethan with the ape--I have Evan (our Evan) there too. Leatherby's a total family tradition and Bree and Jessica get the Peanut Butter Sunde deal too. I glad to see yuo had a good time! take care!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip and how awesome that the baby slept the whole time! Thanks a lot for the picture of you eating ice cream. LOL. Now I'm craving it! LOVE Leatherby's!!!!

Julie Harmon Sterling said...

I am so glad you came to surprise Laurel! We miss you guys already! Tell Evan to Race more often so you can come see us! :) Love you guys!

Bree said...

Okay, so my mouth is completely watering right now, I will dream of Tracy's PB cup tonight! I have to find a killer ice cream shop here to bribe you to come to (cuz I hear the zoo here is pretty good too). Will it work? Glad you had fun in Utah, miss ya

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Yumm!! Looks like a fun trip. Way to go Evan on the race!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

By they way, LOVE Aleah's little faced squished into you in the first picture. So cute!