Saturday, July 4, 2009

Under Attack While Camping

This last week we went camping up at Lucky Peak with some friends of ours. We had such a good time, but there were a few things that made our trip a little crazy. Here is a list of things we were attacked by: 1-Red Ants, (they were all over) 2- Crows, that decided to freak out at 5 am only to find out that a Raccoon had chased them away.... anyone who knows my husband knows that he was not a happy camper, he HATES crows. Evan was throwing rocks at those stupid birds all morning trying to get them to be quiet so some of us could get some sleep, my hero. 3-earwigs, this was my least favorite. They were all over by our tents, you would open the tent and 20 of them would fall right in. I would rather see a spider any day than an earwig. 4-Sprinklers... I know crazy right. We had camp all set up and then some ranger guy, we named him JEAN, comes over in the morning and tells us to move because he has to irrigate ALL DAY! We moved all our gear on the boating dock, and our tents across the way onto a hill...we decided it wasn't all that bad. We could just go out on the boat until they were off... well JEAN said he would be back at 2 to turn them off for us. Then 4 o'clock came around and still no JEAN his boat wasn't working and we were left with sprinklers on, luckily I have a hubby who is brave enough to go and do it himself. Over all we had a really fun and adventurous trip. Our friends made it so much fun, we really enjoy there company. When we weren't tubing or skiing we were eating good snacks, playing bachi ball, and just relaxing. I was so proud of Evan for trying the air chair. It looked really hard, I wasn't about to try it. He also got up on one ski and hasn't been in 13 years! He did awesome! Ethan would have been content on the beach all day, but he loved the boat too. He Even went tubing. While we were there Aleah turned 3 months. I can't believe it. She was such a trooper camping. I couldn't ask for a better baby. Thanks Troy and Katie for a great time.

2 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun! And crazy! Jeesh, I'm glad you could see the positive with all that going on. The second I read there were crows I thought, "Oh man, I bet Evan was PISSED!" Too funny. I can't believe how chunky Aleah is!! She is so dang cute. Wish we could have been there with you guys. Miss you tons!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

No...it's cool. We wouldn't have wanted to go anyways. I mean, why would I want to go camping with my two best friends.