Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Potty Training

So I decided to finally start the whole potty training process. It has been 2 weeks but I think Ethan finally has it. I really chose a horrible time to start, I have been crazy with hair appointments, errands and working at Kohls, oh and did I mention we all have colds. So yeah not the best timing on my part, but throughout it all it has been worth it.
I had to share a story about our pottey training experience, although gross, it is also very funny.
I am sure many of you saw our post of Ethan in the flour, well the next week a.k.a. week 1 potty training. I was doing hair and decided to try to let Ethan stay in his big boy underwear. While I was just finishing up and I hear Ethan get in the pantry ( I know I still don't have a lock) I heard a bag and then I heard him coughing... I told him to come in to the salon. He had orange all over his hands and face. I assumed it was cheetos. Once I was done I realized it was not cheetos it was the pretzel bag that I heard. Pretzels were everywhere, but worse was he had the tang canister open and deja vu, just like the flour. This time I was not laughing nor did I take pictures. I also realized that Ethan had an accident and his pants were wet. I went through the house trying to find the location of this occurrence, I never did.. I started cleaning up the tang and discovered it was wet and sticky. GROSS. Ethan had spilled the tang and then peed all over it. What a boy. After I realized what had happened I noticed Ethans feet for sticky with pee tang and he had been walking all over the house like this. Luckily it all cleaned up, but this boy is full of surprises I only hope there is nothing worse to come. The good news is today is his first official day as a BIG BOY. No diapers, no pull-ups, just unders. The best thing of all is no accidents! The picture above is his proud potty smile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job with the potty training! I haven't started yet with Sierra because I'm afraid! :) That story is funny but at the same time I feel so bad for ya! Pee tang. Hilarious!

Julie Harmon Sterling said...

Ewww. I don't want any of that Tang.
Yea Ethan on being such a big boy!!! Can't wait to see you next week!

Sheri said...

Congrats on potty training! I think its about #1 as the worse thing a parent has to teach its child.

Anonymous said...

Sick. He made a gross new invention. You should call it Pang. But still, two weeks is not bad to be through the worst. I don't think I'll even start on Josh for a while.