Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Mess.... Where to Begin Cleaning

This morning I had a hair appointment. I was cutting my clients hair and I noticed Ethan was very VERY quiet. He is always so good when I work but today was an exception. He had a new bag of flour open and about 3/4 of it on the flour and on him. I didn't even know what to do. He was covered and every time I moved him the flour followed us through out the kitchen. of course he thought he was so smart and had created this wonderful world of play time in the flour. Still enjoying it as I tried to figure out my first move.
throwing his last handful before I made him get out of the pantry to sit in time out. It is really hard to be mad when he is so cute and funny. I had to try really hard not to have him see me laugh. That is all you can do. I was either going to laugh or cry(hormones) so I decided to laugh it is the best form of medicine.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is a crazy mess! I'm glad you kept your sanity! :)

Bree said...

Okay, that is seriously so funny! I am glad you chose to laugh at it, that is the best choice, I can't usually do that until it is all cleaned up, and really...that is funny :o)!

Scott and Jane said...

This reminds me of another little one many years ago.... hummmmm

Was that you?

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

You gotta love kids! They make you laugh and cry at the same time. My kids love doing that kind of stuff I swear, especially when I really don't have the time for it.

Sheri said...

Im so glad you took pictures! I try to laugh too, its much better than being mad!

King Family said...

Way to go Muddy! Looks like you have your hands full like we do with your little boy. Maybe you will get a little girl like we did for your next.
Oh, and don't forget to teach your boy that if he gets in a snowboard accident, it is OK for the doctor to cut his shirt.
Nathan King

Crystal said...

Okay, I couldn't stop laughing...that is hilarious! Got to love those sneaky boys!

Brian said...

Huh, that's really strange... I would have never guessed that covering your kitchen in flour was a genetic disorder, but it looks like it is and you passed it on. Mom can't find the evidence, she thinks you have the picture. So I think you should definately post it if you can find it. Very funny how Carma works.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh, too funny! Little stinker! You're such a good Mom to just laugh about it. :)

Maria said...

Hello Janae! I love this post. I am so glad you thought to get your camera. I have had so many moments similar to this that I wished now I would've taken pictures. The mess will always clean up!!

Scott and Jamie said...

Hey Janae! I found your blog off of Marci's... so fun. Your boy is adorable, and keeps you on your toes huh? Can't wait to see what kind of boy mine will be. CONGRATS on expecting in April, keep us posted on details!

John and Stacey Dodds said...

Oh Jenae, this is such a funny story. I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up. I hate when the kids are too quiet. Almost 100% of the time it means they are up to something. What a cute little boy!

Jake and Sharee said...

What a MESS!!! I bet that was so hard to clean up! It is hard when they do something that is bad and they act so cute. Breydin does that to me all the time.

Meg said...

LITTLE SISTER!!!! I'm so happy that I found you!!! How are you doing? I hope things are going wonderfully in your life... besides your pantry! Those boys are trouble huh?