Thursday, April 30, 2009

Aleah 1 Month Old

I can't believe it has already been a month since Aleah was brought into our lives. It goes by way too fast. I am scared to close my eyes for a moment because I know that when I do she will become a toddler. This isn't the greatest picture but I have a hard time with that. Well Aleah is such a sweetheart we just love having her in our lives. I never thought I could love another child as much as I love Ethan and sure enough my heart just grew because I love her so much. She is getting so strong, holding her head and trying to stand when you hold her. She is still not sleeping great due to who knows... she does have reflex so she gags a lot and spits up. I just started putting her on her stomach to sleep and I think it is helping a little. The other night she slept in three hour intervals but then the next night she was up every 2 hours and wanted to stay awake for 2 hours. ugh. She is lucky that she is so darn cute. I am starting to feel like I can go places. I don't know how all you power moms do everything with all the kids. I have been to walmart and Costco a few times and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I am learning little tricks or things that work for us everyday. Ethan still LOVES his sister. He likes to try and share his food and his toys and well... everything. He drives me crazy because he can't leave her alone. I finally have found that to get him out of her face I tell him that she cant see him when he is that close so he will back up a little... this only works 1/2 of the time. I am back to doing hair now but I am only working Saturdays and evenings. I tried to do a color during the day and it was nuts so I will stick with the later hours when Evan can be home to help out. Well it has been busy and I feel like a slacker but I will keep posting pictures I am sure I will have some of her in her blessing dress.. which is beautiful. I cant wait until she can wear it!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Time really does fly I can't believe it has been a month. Enjoy this time that's all I can say. I feel I didn't "enjoy" the boys because I was too tired or too stressed and now I wish I could roll back the time. (Not the waking every hour bit!!)And just enjoy it.

Miss Deja said...

She's gorgous! Wow! What a pretty little girl you have there! You will be super mom, I have no doubts about that! Congrats on your amazingly cute family, you deserve this kind of happiness!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

I can't believe she's already a month!! She is such a beauty. I'm sorry she isn't sleeping for you! And don't worry, Brooklyn was the same way with Brooklyn. I kept thinking, "When is the novelty going to wear off?" Well, some good news and bad news, it doesn't...BUT the baby gets older and can handle it more since they aren't as fragile. At least that was my experience! I had to tell myself, the novelty doesn't wear off for me, so why would it for Brooklyn? Anyway, you're doing a great job and are an amazing mom!!

Jake and Sharee said...

She is so adorable!!! I can't believe it has already been one month! Time does go by way too fast.