Thursday, April 9, 2009

Aleah is 1 week old

You might wonder what this is a picture of. First of all it didn't turn out great but it is Ethans race track. His Aunt Julie bought him a lightning mcqueen color/sticker book. It has been keeping him very busy. He covers my couch daily with stickers. It is the greatest thing. I just peel them of at night when we go to bed and he does it all over the next day. He loves it and it doesnt hurt a thing. I just think it is too cute how he lines them up all in a row. I have had a lot of fun dressing this little girl. You will notice from the rest of these pictures.
I had to get pictures of her on this blanket. My mom made this for her. She makes a blanket for each of the grandchildren. They are my favorite! They are so silky and soft. This one has special meaning to me because it is just like the one I had when I was a baby that my mom made me.
Here she is good and awake. Don't look at her tights they drown her, but I had to put them on her still.
Aleah looks so good in yellow. This is one of my favorite dresses. Thanks to Myca :) Unfortantley Aleah wouldnt pose.
You might think this is just an ordinary picture of her asleep, but look at the smarties on her lap. Grandma has been spoiling Ethan with candy and treats all week... he loves his sister so much he has even been sharing them with her.
Aleah is very healthy and is such a sweet baby. We are very blessed. She has been sleeping at night in 3 hour spans. I just hope it stays that way. I never thought I could love another child as much as I love our Ethan but I love this angel with all my heart. I am still recovering but I would have another one again tomorrow if they were as sweet as she is. She never cries and is so patient with her brother. He has to be in her face all the time. If she is hungry he thinks that she is trying to eat his nose. Once again I am feeling very blessed that Ethan is such a good brother and that Aleah is such a good baby. Thanks for all your kind words and support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun having a little girl, huh? I'm glad you both are doing so well and hope you continue to recover well!

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet and perfect! I love that yellow dress on her too! I love how in love you a mother instantly becomes with her newborn there is nothing more precious and special.

Julie Harmon Sterling said...

I love those kids! I am so glad Ethan likes his stickers!You are such a great Mom. Thank you for being such a good example to me. Love ya!

Lisa said...

She is beautiful. And a 3 hour window that is AWESOME!! I am so happy for you and wish we could see her. Love all yall.

Brian said...

She is adorable!!! Is that her pink blanket or yours? ;)

Mandi said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And may I say...I think she looks like her mommmy!

Myca said...

Oh yea love the yellow dress...she does look good in yellow! Man her hair is so dark...was ethans ever that dark?