Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2 WEEKS TO GO!

I am counting down the days until our baby girl is here. I thought I wanted her out but I got freaked out a little bit at the doc. today. We talked about getting things going and I went into panic about all the stupid little things I still need to get done. I told him lets wait until next weeks appt. I just started to feel a little overwhelmed with the reality of her being here. The feedings, the sleepless nights, the crying.... I just need one more week to feel a little more productive and get some meals frozen and all the other odds and ends taken care of. Don't get me wrong I am very excited to meet her, I just would like to take one more nap before she is here. Oh and still no name so any more suggestions would help. I am thinking Aleah.
This last weekend were able to cross off one of my to-do's, which is move Ethan into his big boy bed. He has been so good with the transition. I am very thankful for that. Naps are a little rough, but for the most part he stays in bed. We were also able to get baby girls room somewhat put together. I finally found a dresser on craigslist for her room. (another to-do crossed off) It is so fun to see her room filled with bits of pink here and there, I am so excited to have a girl. Hopefully she will wait just a few more days so I can really be ready.

6 comments:

banananutmeg said...

post pics of the nursery!

I'm freaking out too..and I have two MONTHS left! I went into a panic about a week ago and have been cleaning, painting, organizing, NESTING big time. It feels great to get things crossed off, but my list still seems so long I wonder if I'll have enough time to do it all!

Can't wait to see her, and I LOVE the name. It sounds good with your last name too.

mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Isn't it so funny how you think you are totally ready for the baby until the reality hits that he or she is coming soon? I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery and the new baby! Good luck with everything!

Brian said...

I must say I really like that name. Hope it sticks. Brian

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Ok, totally had the same feelings and talk with the doctor about inducement!! I went in thinking I wanted to be induced, but came out thinking, "No way, I'm so not ready yet!!" I'm glad I'm not the only one. Lol. Enjoy these last few days with just Ethan (it totally looks like you already are...big wheels haha). That's the only thing I regret about those last couple weeks. We were so busy getting things moved, cleaned up, un-packed, etc, that I didn't get to do any of the fun things I had planned for me and Brooklyn to do together. She survived, obviously, and probably doesn't even remember, but I still feel badly. That's great Ethan is in a big boy bed! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Sheri said...

I am worried about getting Connor into a real bed too. So glad Ethan is sleeping well!
Maybe it will warm up in the next 2 weeks until baby aleah gets here! I would LOVE to bring you guys a meal too. Please Let me!! :)